Let's use this forum to talk about what we want the Door Crasher video to be. It will allow for everyone to give their opinion and help to create something that reflects all of the communities.
See the VIDEO VISION DOCUMENT at the bottom of the page. This document describes the YouthScape buckets that we want to feature in the video. We need help from the communities to find key examples to highlight our themes!
1) WHY: What is the purpose of the video? Is it a call to action or is it relaying our accomplishments (i.e. awareness of YouthScape)?
2) HOW: How can the video be used in your community/nationally? (e.g. complement other learning tools, fundraising)?
3) WHAT: Should it be a narrative or more of a commercial style? What might the video look like?
4) WHO: Does anyone have any B role footage that can be used or is more filming needed? Maybe there is an upcoming event you want to film...
5) WHAT: What 4 out of the 5 “buckets” of YS should the video concentrate on?
a. Youth leadership and youth at the centre
b. Working on strengths and recognizing that youth are assets to communities (starting with what youth can bring to the table)
c. Working across sectors – this is what sets YouthScape apart from other youth projects (comprehensive community initiative)
d. Diversity and engaging a whole range of youth – targeting youth who are not necessarily engaged
e. Learning community
6) WHEN: When will the planning/production of the video take place? What are the timelines and milestones?
7) Any other things you want to share!
Make sure to check out the other videos created by Hightop Studio!
TOWARDS A CULTURE OF NON-VIOLENCE - OAS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgGMyoJvnwQ
WARCHILD GET LOUD: Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMdiV51Y5fE&feature=related
WATERCAN - CLEAN WATER FOR ALL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hUF-bKl3kU
ACTIVE HEALTHY KIDS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYW9iNSczG8
SPOKEN WORD PIECE: http://vimeo.com/5303394
MICHAEL JACKSON TRIBUTE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDCwUAYLV4M